Our Comprehensive Plan
The Halifax County School Board is responsible for adopting a divisionwide comprehensive plan. This plan has been developed in accordance with §22.1253.13:6 of the Code of Virginia.
The Comprehensive Plan was developed with community and staff involvement. A Comprehensive Plan Committee, which was composed of parents, teachers, school board member, and administrators coordinated the development of the plan. Subcommittees were used to develop proposed goals and sections of the plan for review by the Comprehensive Plan Committee. Public comment was obtained from online responses, telephone calls, and a public comment period at the June 9, 2008, school board meeting.
Areas addressed in the six-year Comprehensive Plan include the following:
- Objectives of the school division
- Assessment of the accomplishment of objectives of school division
- Technology plan designed to integrate educational technology into the instructional programs of the school division
- Plan for effective communication
- Plan for parent and family involvement
- Evaluation of the appropriateness of establishing regional programs
- Plan for implementing regional programs
- Enrollment forecast
- Plan for managing enrollment changes
Read the full details of this plan in the Comprehensive Plan Document