Our Education Foundation
The Halifax County Public Schools Education Foundation, Inc., was organized in March, 2005. Paul Stapleton, Superintendent, established the Foundation exclusively for the purpose of creating and enhancing educational opportunities in Halifax County. The Foundation has 501(c)(3) status and, therefore, donations are tax deductible.
The Foundation’s purposes include the following:
- To develop and promote interest in public education in Halifax County
- To enhance and diversify educational opportunities for students by raising additional funds for Halifax County Public Schools
- To administer donations and gifts received for the Halifax County Public School system
- To oversee and distribute scholarships at Halifax County High School
- To seek and administer grants for Halifax County Public Schools
The Foundation will award scholarships each spring at the Halifax County High School “Senior Awards Night” and at the graduation ceremony. Students interested in applying for a scholarship can pick up applications from the Halifax County High School Guidance Department or contact a member of the Education Foundation Scholarship Committee.
The Foundation's MINI-GRANTS FOR TEACHERS program is used to fund innovative and creative classroom projects, enhance learning opportunities for students, and reward outstanding teachers in Halifax County. Awards will range from $50.00 - $400.00.
You may visit the HCPS Education Foundation's Website to obtain more information.