School Board Goals for 2017-2018
- Emphasize student learning and achieve full accreditation for all nine schools.
- Conduct a comprehensive facility study and report including a history of Halifax County school facilities and identify specific facility needs. In Spring of 2018, begin community forums to discuss Halifax County Public School long-term facility needs.
- Improve compensation for employees in the school division to strive for a competitive wage/benefit package to attract and retain highly qualified workforce.
- Analyze disproportionate data and develop intervention plans for special education and student behavior.
- Encourage school-specific student and staff attendance initiatives.