Valdivia T. Hall, Assistant Superintendent
Joyce Townes, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
Tammy Fisher, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
- Human Resources: (434) 476-2171
- Fax: (434) 476-3189
Applying For Employment
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Halifax County Public Schools. To complete an application, please read the information below and follow the steps indicated:
If you have read the application process procedures, click here to apply.
Step 1: Application
To be considered as an applicant, you must provide the following:
- A completed online application.
- Transcripts (if applicable to the position for which you wish to be considered) you may send copies in lieu of official transcripts; however, official transcripts are required at the time of
- Three letters of recommendation are required for applicants.
- Required documents may be submitted electronically with the application or may be sent by mail to 1030 Mary Bethune Street P.O. Box 1849 Halifax, VA 24558
- Completed applications will be kept on file for one year.
Halifax County Public Schools must obtain three references for each candidate considered for employment. Professional applicants should provide information that includes their most recent principal or cooperating teacher, college supervisor’s name, or other educational references deemed appropriate including current telephone numbers and email addresses. Classified applicants should provide the names of the three most recent employers including the supervisor's name, current telephone numbers, and email addresses. Failure to provide accurate information will result in a delay in the employment process.
- Please complete the administrative application and provide the items listed above.
- In addition to the completed application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation, please submit a copy of your current postgraduate professional license.
Certified Teaching Positions:
- In addition to the completed application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation, please submit a copy of your current teaching license.
Classified (non-teaching) Positions:
- Please complete the classified application and submit transcripts (if applicable).
- If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resources Department will contact you to offer the position and arrange a time to complete the necessary paperwork. As part of the employment process, it will be necessary to complete a background check and a drug screening.
Step 2: Interviews
Once you have completed the application process, your file will be reviewed and considered for employment. A screening interview may be scheduled either in person or by telephone. When the review process is completed, your application may be considered for existing vacancies for which you qualify.
To view vacant positions, please click the link below:
Job Postings for Halifax County Public Schools
Step 3: Appointment
If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resources Department will contact you to offer the position and arrange a time to complete the necessary paperwork.
Please note: Only a representative of the Human Resources Department is authorized to make offers of employment.
Step 4: Orientation
Certified employees must attend new teacher orientation.
Click here to start the online application.
The Halifax County Public School System is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, color, age, religion or disability in its employment practices.